We start via on January 27, 2021
Are you beyond burnout?
Do you have so much compassion fatigue that you feel completely done?
Do you wake up on Monday hoping it’s the weekend already? Or are you waking up in the middle of the night with so much anxiety about the state of the world and can’t go back to sleep?
Are you having trouble processing your own grief as you continue to hold more and more grief and anxiety of your clients that continues to show up by the truckloads each week?
Do you feel like an impostor as you listen again and again to each client’s grief and anxiety nodding your head inside as you think, I am right there with you.
Well, take a breath friends and fellow co-hearts,
Thanks for being on the front lines as we both hold others while holding ourselves and our families/communities during this time.
I have created this group specifically for you–the ones that are holding us all together.
And I will be honest, I created this group with myself in mind and heart.
I woke up recently at 4:19am with so much anxiety that I couldn’t go back to sleep. So for two hours I ruminated about everything that is weighing heavy on my heart as well as the hearts of my clients. Eventually I went back to sleep, but later that day I thought-I know I am not the only one that needs support right now.
So this group has a dual purpose because I want to be able to reach more people with better grief support. So I came up with this brilliant idea for other therapists: to create a space for your grief be witnessed and held while simultaneously learning how be a better grief supporter.
Here are the deets!
- We will gather during the middle of the week during the middle-ish of the day–Wednesdays from 12pm-1:00pm (MST) with the main learning/witnessing in the first hour.
- Dates: January 27, February 3, 10, 17 and 24November.
- We will drop in briefly with a body-centered practice, then we’ll check in personally and professionally and then I’ll teach about grief.
- I want to be intentional about keeping our time to an hour yet allow a bit of wiggle room at the end if we need to stay longer. AND I know like you, I am busy–so I want to honor your time AND I want you to get what you need in that time.
- There will be no extra videos that you must watch in order to be in the group. And there won’t be any homework either, other than possibly creating your own befriending grief practice outside of the group in your own way and on your own time.
- You’ll receive a huge bonus-my DIY Online Grief Relief Course (a value of $297) that I created at the end of 2019. You’re welcome to watch the course at your own pace or not watch it at all. It’s a gift to you to offer even more support at this time and to learn in more details about how I work with grief. It’s my very own befriending grief practice.
Tending the Tenders-
A Dual Grief Support Group for Therapists
Weekly Support Group for 5 weeks
Online DIY Grief Support Program (8 Modules)
Be Witnessed and Held in your Grief
Grief psycho-education tools
This group is informed by my own experience of navigating devastating and life changing trauma. My partner crashed his mountain bike and broke his neck with the result being quadriplegia.
So I know what it’s like to live with ambiguous loss or losses that have no end. And at the moment we are all living in this unknown state with the current situation.
This group will be informed by my dive into grief and will use the wisdom of my grief mentors that I found along the way.
These include: Sobonfu Somé and the Dagara practices of grief ritual, Francis Weller and his five gates of grief, Alan Wolfelt’s companioning tenets. Megan Devine’s work of being ok with not being okay.
The world we live in and the systems that held it all in place are collapsing right now so we need this work now more than ever.
I’m working with a woman named Holly Truhlar right now, she’s a collapse psychologist. I hired her to help me weave my grief work with the work of dismantling racism and white supremacy. I name this here because both my personal and professional lives now include the wider focus of anti-racism work.
This group will also be tailor made to what’s happening in the moment based on what your needs are and what you’d like to learn about grief and how to hold it.
Who am I and what’s got my back with this program? —-I’m Beth, your full hearted hostess with the mostest … I’m a MA in Transpersonal Psychology with a Focus in Art Therapy from The Naropa University (2000). I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Registered Art Therapist. I’m a Creative Grief Support Practitioner. I’m also a caregiver to my partner Michael and can put on my unofficial CNA or nurses hat and care for him if I need to. I’ve done my own apprenticeship to grief and came out the other side ready and passionate to help others navigate and befriend grief. At the moment, I call myself the Grief Freak (freak=passion), but am currently thinking about calling myself the Grief Friend instead. I use out of the box ways to help you come right side up again in grief. I’m a full hearted human who is doing her best to remain hopeful and keep fighting this good fight. I’m cis-gendered. I’m raised Lutheran and come from a long line of ministers from Norway, Sweden and German roots and I now pray to the elements while I dance with my toes in the dirt here in the Arapahoe land I inhabit in Boulder, Colorado. And I try to become a better white bodied accomplice every damn day.
Frequently asked questions:
- Can I get a refund? No, so please make sure you can commit to this process before you hit the buy now button. If you need to chat about whether this is right for you, please reach out and ask for that.
- Will you record the sessions so I if I can’t make it, I can rewatch later? Yes, but I’m only recording the psycho-educational part. We may decide as a group to record the witnessing part, but I want to make that a group decision.
- How many therapists are gonna be in the group? At this point, I would be happy to have a small group of 4 but could also hold it at the capacity of about 12. Twelve would be a lot, an ideal number would be 8 of us.
Okay co-hearts-thanks for all that you’re doing to hold us together at this time. And please join me if you feel called, we can’t do this alone, especially now.
Grieve well, be well~
Beth Erlander, Grief Freak/Friend who’s holding the back of your tender heart.